The government of Canada has made a mandatory quarantine for travellers upon arrival in Canada for 14 days. It is an emergency measure to slow down the spread of COVID-19 in Canada. Travellers who are coming to Canada for study or under family unification are required to quarantine within 48 hours after entering Canada.
Travellers must use the ArriveCAN app to submit their travel and contact information, quarantine plan, and COVID-19 symptom self-assessments. Submitting the information using the app ArriveCAN is a must for travellers before they board the flight to Canada. Travellers can use ArriveCAN up to 365 days before their flight.
Once the information is submitted in the ArriveCAN application, a receipt will be generated. Upon arrival in Canada, the traveller needs to show the receipt to a Canadian border services officer when they enter. Either the receipt from the app as a screenshot or a print out is acceptable to show to the Canadian border services officer.
A detailed document about mandatory quarantine instructions is posted in the description below.
What do you need to do after arriving in Canada?
Your day begins with quarantining.
- You must report in the ArriveCAN app confirming that you had arrived at the address you provided for your quarantine in the ArriveCAN before you boarded the flight. Within 48 hours, you need to report this on the ArriveCAN app.
- Every day you need to complete your COVID-19 symptom self-assessment until the completion of your quarantine period or until you started showing any symptoms.
It is necessary that you report your daily self-assessments on ArriveCAN without missing. If you miss reporting it during these 14 days, you may receive phone calls or public health follow-ups.
If you are not able to use ArriveCAN after entering Canada, you need to call on this number, 1-833-641-0343, every day to report during your quarantine period.
You need to follow some of the other instructions while in quarantine.
- You should not leave your place of quarantine unless it is for a medical emergency, an essential medical service or treatment, or it is pre-authorized.
- Guests are not allowed during this period even if you are outside and stay 2m apart from them.
- You can only use private outdoor spaces such as your balcony.
- Shared spaces are not allowed to use, such as lobbies, courtyards, restaurants, gyms, or pools.
You may receive calls from 1-888-336-7735 to verify your compliance during these 14 days of your quarantine.
Source: Government of Canada